Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Phase of Greed !!!

As in the pursuit of happiness, this part of my life is called being greedy.Life was fun, with five room mates and loads of whining, I was the only one who thought the job was an achievement, who could take it as an achievement. I now realize on why everyone gave me that look "How can you be happy here "???, look.

Anyways Suresh and Jaison would have this conversation daily on how to move ahead in life. At 11:00 am in the morning, I could here them preparing for glory, Jaison had a TCP/IP book with him always, I thought it was born with him. Suresh had a book which said " Let us C", and I always thought what's there in it to see !!!!. Suresh would talk about pointers and functions and will coach Santhosh another room mate who was an REC pass out. Santhosh woke up in his eight semester, and suddenly realized that arrears are adding to the weight of the beer belly he had developed. So with a bunch of engineers, frustrated to the core about their peers who moved ahead in life, I started getting this whining habit. Whining about cabs, about food and what not. It's not just drowsiness that's contagious at a contact center , it's a lot more than that, negative influence is a close second.

The negative influences started pulling me down, the fear of Bush losing the elections in 2004 and Al Gore snatching the bread out of my mouth kept me awake. Most of the temples in Chennai, for the first time received offerings under the name George W Bush !!!!. As time went by and my graduation got completed, I started whining a lot more, forgetting the fact that this was the place I was really happy, the place where I always wanted to me.

With the degree cert adding to the already dormant venom injected by the wannabe geeks, I started jumping jobs. Landed up in another IT giant, was a postmaster there, though I actually realized it after intervention from a friend of mine, who quit and joined another IT giant to become a storekeeper (Asset Management Analyst) I was actually happy logging tickets and passing it on to support groups and the sudden flash of me being a post master made the whole job uncool, jumped again and joined a BPO major only to realize that I was an English teacher, anyways greed never ended till I understood the fact that 90% of the industry is about excelling in excel, adding power to power point and last but not least being excellent in English. Now I have figured out that to stop quitting jobs, I need to wipe out the Einsteins image that I had for myself. IT is more of dish washing, it's not a land of creativity unless you have a different definition for being creative !!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment